Greater Wellington Regional Council (GWRC) on behalf of Greater Wellington Rail Limited gives notice of its intension to issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) from suitably qualified suppliers to deliver a comprehensive maintenance and construction offering across 48 rail stations throughout the Wellington Region, and the Electric Multiple Unit (EMU) Maintenance Depot, Wheel Lathe, and Inventory Store Buildings in the Wellington Rail Yard.
The scope of works to be delivered includes painting of buildings, electrical work, roofing, carpentry, concreting, and renewal works, along with the maintenance, inspections and cleaning of the EMU Maintenance, Wheel Lathe, and Inventory Store Buildings.
The contract is for an initial term of 2 years and 11 months, with the option for a further two 12-month extensions based on satisfactory performance of the supplier.
The RFP is expected to be released mid-May.
A Suppliers Briefing Session and Site Visit is being held, details as follows:
1. A supplier briefing session will be held on Friday 20 May 2022, which will commence in GWRC’s Cuba Street office at 2:00pm, and this will include a tour of the EMU Buildings. Whilst this is not mandatory this will be the only opportunity to tour the EMU Buildings.
2. Public paid street parking can be found around Cuba Street.
1. Suppliers will then make their own way to the EMU Depot at 154 Thorndon Quay for a tour of the EMU Buildings to begin at 3pm. The visit is expected to take one hour. Note: suppliers will require full PPE for the visit including a bump cap, safety glasses, hi vis vest, steel cap lace up boots, and long sleeve shirts and pants.
2. Visitor parking will be available at 154 Thorndon Quay.
3. If suppliers wish to register for this session, they may do so prior to the release of the RFP. Please note that only one person from each supplier may attend the tour of the EMU buildings.
Please do not reply to this notice, but if you have questions or wish to register for the site visit before the RFP is issued, please register via GETS.
|Closed||20 May 2022 12:00 PM NZST|
|Notice Type||Notice of Information (NOI)|
|Contact Details||Umma Wilson
|Published||6 May 2022 4:00 PM NZST|