The contract is for resurfacing and pre-seal repairs on various roads within the Clutha District for a period of three years
with the opportunity of renewal for an additional one year. The additional one year will be awarded solely at the
Council’s discretion. The contract is based on a TNZ P/17 – Resealing. Designs and supervision are to be completed by
The scope of the work is fully described in the attached contract documents, and key items of work are:
• Site assessment and treatment recommendations based on a least cost whole of life basis.
• Pre-seal repairs, texturizing or pre-levelling of the existing surface where required.
• Supply of materials, plant and labour to construct various types of surfacing including (but not limited to)
chipseal, asphalt, slurry and cape seal with either emulsion or cutback binders.
• Sweeping and pavement marking with reflectorized paint.
• Supply of information for RAMM inventory updating.
• Supply of texture measurements and chip retention results prior to the end of the defects liability period.
This contract is a “Measure and Value” contract as defined by the General Conditions of Contract, Clause 2.1.1.
The Schedule of Prices shows residual binder values for asphaltic binder and emulsion binder.
The Tenderer may submit a tender for either cutback bitumen or 100% emulsion binder. The Tenderer shall only fill in
the schedule items that apply to their choice of product. Either option is not classified as an alternative tender.
|Closing||16 Oct 2023 4:00 PM NZDT|
|Notice Type||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Contact Details||Clutha District Council
0800 801 350
|Published||31 Aug 2023 8:00 AM NZST|