2.1 Background & Requirement
1.1 This Board of Trustees is planning to procure and experienced Main Contractor to undertake the construction works for the combined SIP / LSM / AMS – 5YA Admin, Accessibility and Blk L Classroom described in the tender documents prepared by IR Group Ltd.
1.2 We have separated out the works in the tender documents to suit the funding streams and provided a priced summary for each section so we can show the price split across the funding sources. We want to combine these into one RFT to get economies of scale and make the tender more attractive to main contractors.
1.3 The work is subject to a consent and the IR Group will manage the project.
1.4 We have rung around the builders in the region, and several have expressed an intertest in pricing the project. We are hopeful to get at least 3 responses.
1.5 The work will be done 3 stages to minimise the impact on school activities. A programme will be negotiated with the preferred supplier, based on their workload and material, labour and subcontractor availability and lead times. We are keen to get the works done ASAP.
1.6 Contract Works required are:
• Interior and exterior alterations and refurbishment of existing spaces in the admin and Block L teaching spaces.
• The work includes minor demolition and internal strip out
• Site works to suit new access entry ramp and deck and gates and fencing changes
• Associated services disconnections and reconnections with new fittings and fixtures.
• Carpentry works and finishing trades to refurbish the spaces.
• The work will need to be stages to allow the school to still function during the works.
a. Timeframes are:
i. indicative start date: 11 July 2022
ii. indicative Due Date for Completion: 30 November 2022
iii. The work will need to be stages to allow the school to continue operations.
iv. We are happy to negotiate a programme to suit contractor work flows.
Department/Business Unit: Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal
|Closing||10 Jun 2022 5:00 PM NZST|
|Notice Type||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Contact Details||Ian Rattray
04 526 7711
|Published||13 May 2022 9:00 AM NZST|