Applications sought: Public Prosecutions Pre-Qualified Suppliers List - WorkSafe New Zealand
WorkSafe New Zealand is New Zealand’s primary workplace health and safety regulator. We lead, enforce, contribute to, and promote improved health and safety at work, and energy safety.
We wish to establish a pre-qualified suppliers list to assist with its public prosecution work under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, the Gas Act 1992, the Electricity Act 1992 and the COVID-19 Public Health Response Act 2020.
Applications are invited from counsel who wish to be appointed to the pre-qualified suppliers list. The appointment will be for three years with two rights of renewal available for one year each. The maximum term will be five years.
Criteria for appointment to the pre-qualified suppliers list include:
• Demonstrated significant experience in criminal prosecutions
• Proven experience in complex health and safety and/or energy safety prosecutions
• A track record of working in partnership with instructing counsel
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• The ability to use technology in prosecutions
• An awareness of the importance of te reo and tikanga Māori
• Holding a practicing certificate as a barrister or solicitor for at least seven years
WorkSafe New Zealand recognises that diversity and inclusion are important to our work, and we welcome expressions of interest from counsel from all backgrounds.
Applicants should send the completed application form, accompanied by their curriculum vitae and a cover letter, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants should detail how they meet the above criteria for appointment to the pre-qualified suppliers list.
|Closing||24 Oct 2026 12:00 PM NZDT|
|Notice Type||Invitation to Qualify (ITQ)|
|Contact Details||Sid Wellik, Chief Legal Advisor
021 194 3382
|Published||25 Oct 2023 9:00 AM NZDT|