This contract comprises of various traffic calming treatments along Devon Street West, Edmund Road and Otonga Road within the Rotorua District.
Edmund Road is located in the central west suburb of Mangakakahi, and Devon Street West and Otonga Road are located in the southern suburbs of Pomare and Springfield respectively.
Edmund Road and Devon Street West are both classified as primary collector roads that are situated in primarily residential areas. Edmund Road is approximately 1 km long with an AADT of 7,500 vehicles and Devon Street is approximately 2 km long with an AADT of 4,000 vehicles. Both roads have an average seal width of 9.0 m.
Otonga Road is classified as a secondary collector road and is also situated in a residential area. Otonga Road is approximately 2 km long with an average seal width of 9.5 m and an AADT of approximately 7,500 vehicles.
The scope of this contract is for the supply of all plant, labour, materials, quality assurance, as-built drawings and incidentals necessary for:
- Speed Humps and Raised Table Construction
- Kerb and Channel Construction
- Footpath Construction
- Disposal of Cut to Waste Material
- Street Furniture
- Traffic Signs and Road Markings
The Contractor must make provision for the following:
- Provision and maintenance of traffic control and safety for vehicles and cyclists. In particular vehicles and pedestrians associated with adjacent commercial and recreational areas as well as the Linton Park Shared Path.
- Environmental Management.
- The set out of the works and the location of all underground services and LINZ survey marks
- Liaise with service authorities to locate gas, sewer, storm water, water, power and telecommunication cables
- Liaise with property owners as required
- Liaise with other Authorities/such as NZTA, Iwi, Waikato Regional Council
- Protect existing services
- Quality Assurance for all aspects of the contract works
- As-Built documents (RAMM Inventory Sheets) of the works
The Contractor will also be responsible for maintenance of any defects for twelve months after the Practical Completion Certificate has been issued.
Tenderers are advised that the Principal reserves the right to vary the scale of the works to fit within the constraints of the available funding for this project. There shall be no claim for a variation, as a result of any change to the scale of the works.
|Closed||17 May 2022 4:00 PM NZST|
|Notice Type||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Regions||Bay of Plenty|
|Contact Details||James Simpson
|Published||1 May 2022 6:00 PM NZST|