Rental of modified vehicles for ACC clients
Every year ACC supports approximately 550 clients with the rental of modified vehicles to meet their injury related transport needs. Modifications include hand controls, swing out seats, wheelchair accessibility and left foot accelerators.
Vehicles are rented for our clients who:
• may have a short-term injury from which they will fully recover but are unable to use their existing vehicle
• require longer term vehicle use while awaiting delivery of their highly modified vehicle, or
• in limited circumstances where it is the best option to meet their needs.
What we want to achieve
We want to put a contract in place for the rental of modified vehicles and would like to co-design a sustainable service that will meet the needs of these clients before we go to open tender.
We are holding a workshop to meet with individuals and businesses who are interested in supporting us to develop the best service possible. The workshop will be held on three separate dates to enable as many interested parties to attend as possible. The purpose is to:
• agree on who the service is for
• confirm how and when the service would be accessed
• discuss how we will know the service is successful, for the client, their whanau, and ACC
• clarify what is required to ensure a safe service
• identify how to prevent injuries from the use of a modified rental vehicle and as road users.
We have existing contracts for companion driving, taxis (including mobility vehicles) and standard vehicle hire, and so these services are excluded.
Who we’d like to hear from
• health professionals with an interest in transport for independence, rehabilitation and/or recovery at work (vocational rehabilitation)
• current vehicle rental service providers
• driving instructors with an interest in this area
• clients & whanau who have used these services.
|Closed||30 Jun 2022 8:30 AM NZST|
|Notice Type||Invitation to Participate (ITP)|
|Contact Details||Maggie Robson
07 859 8084 / 021 730 946
|Published||19 May 2022 10:00 AM NZST|