This Request for Information (RFI) seeks information that will help Western Bay of Plenty District Council determine our market approach for the 24-1003 - Te Arawa ki Tai Papakāinga Development Feasibility contract opportunity.
Responses to this RFI will inform and assist us in understanding available suppliers in this market. Information gathered as part of this process may be used to inform future procurement decisions. Participation is optional. While a RFI can be a precursor to a subsequent procurement process (e.g. a Request for Proposal), a secondary procurement process is not guaranteed. Participation is optional, and not responding will not preclude any supplier from participating in any future procurement opportunities that may arise.
In partnership with Te Kapu o Waitaha, Ngāti Whakaue ki Maketu and Tapuika Iwi Authority, Council is progressing work towards realising the housing aspirations of those iwi within our district. To this end, Council has agreed to commit funding to undertake Papakāinga Development Feasibility studies on identified Māori owned land blocks in the Te Puke and Maketu area.
The collective vision of Te Arawa ki Tai for this project is: “Whakaruruhau Kainga, Whakamarumaru Whenua” / “Our people, homed, on our land.”
What we need
Council is seeking a contractor to deliver Papakāinga development feasibility report on eight small-medium sized blocks of Māori owned land in the Te Puke and Maketu areas. We seek to hear from Respondents who (ideally) have:
1. experience in successfully delivering papakāinga on Māori Land (preferably in the western Bay of Plenty)
2. experience in partnering and building relationships with Tangata Whenua (particularly those in Te Arawa ki Tai)
3. understanding of Te Ao Māori and Māori knowledge systems
4. knowledge of the Western Bay of Plenty operative District Plan as it relates to Māori land and Māori Land Court processes
5. the capability and capacity to undertake Papakāinga development feasibility on some or all the services identified in the Response Form.
Subject to any subsequent procurement process, while Council will be the project owner, any successful Respondent will need to work closely with our partners on this project.
IMPORTANT: Please raise any questions via GETS Question function only.
|20 Feb 2024 5:00 PM NZDT
|Request for Information (RFI)
|Bay of Plenty
|2 Feb 2024 3:30 PM NZDT