The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) will be seeking specialist family violence providers who are culturally responsive and have the capacity and the experience to deliver specialist family violence services to people who are bound by a Police Safety Order and their whānau.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a new family violence initiative to improve the effectiveness of PSOs, and as a result reduce the risk of people using violence and improve individual and whānau wellbeing.
The opportunity will include, but not be limited to:
• a risk and needs assessment tailored to people who have been issued a PSO and their whānau
• safety and goal planning
• 24/7 supported accommodation in Tauranga and either Porirua or Lower Hutt, for people who identify as male over the age of 18 years old, who are bound by a PSO
• general, holistic support e.g. supporting the person to access Work and Income and job interviews etc
• delivering and/or connecting the person bound by a PSO and their whānau with therapeutic interventions e.g. counselling, supported employment, and addiction services
• kaimahi outreach, where support is offered to people bound by a PSO in a range of locations within the regions where the supported accommodation is located, as well as remotely, to increase accessibility.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please register your organisation on GETS.
Department/Business Unit: Procurement Solutions
|Closing||27 Sep 2023 5:00 PM NZDT|
|Notice Type||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Regions||Bay of Plenty, Wellington|
|Customer Reference||23.193.01 / SSFC0015|
|Contact Details||Julie Robert and Lindsay Johnson
|Published||30 Aug 2023 1:00 PM NZST|