This RFP focuses on the hazardous material removal and demolition of property buildings to support RiverLink. Demolition for Packages 1 and 2 (7 Property Areas) is to be completed over the remainder of the calendar year 2023 and the first quarter of 2024. Demolition is to be to ground level only.
The properties to be demolished include a variety of construction types and materials. A Respondent will need to therefore be capable and experienced in commercial and residential single- and multi-storey demolition, involving complex heavily reinforced concrete structures. Respondents should also be able to demonstrate:
• They possess current qualifications for Class A and Class B asbestos removal, to meet regulatory requirements if such materials are identified in surveys of the buildings to be demolished;
• Strong track record of compliance to consent conditions and an excellent safety record, particularly evident in commercial buildings demolition containing asbestos and other hazardous substances;
• Capacity to deliver the quantity in short timeframes with the ability to accommodate housing relocation company access needs, when and where required;
• Procurement, employment, education and skills opportunities are created for local people (including iwi and Māori) and maximise use of local and iwi-owned businesses within Hutt City;
• Ability to accompany project specialists at community engagement events and aid in communications content for public interest;
• Possess a profound respect for the culture and people of our local area, with a commitment evident in their submission to upholding the value and importance of Te Awa Kairangi to the Hutt
• Their subcontractors demonstrate capability to support their ability to meet demolition requirements and RiverLink’s objectives.
|16 Jun 2023 2:00 PM NZST
|Request for Proposals (RFP)
|22 May 2023 10:00 AM NZST