The BOT at Douglas Park School is seeking the services of a Roofing contractor to undertake the Roofing replacement of Blocks 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,16 and Non-Trafficable Translucent Roofing replacement to Blocks 1 & 2 as described in the tender documents prepared by IR Group Ltd and involves the following works
• Supply and install all necessary Scaffolding, access ladders or towers, fall protection, handrails etc required to safely carry out the works.
• Install any temporary fencing required to separate the work site from anyone else.
• Strip and lay new roof coverings to existing roofs as indicated on the block plan supplied, completing blocks before moving onto the next block.
• Supply all materials and labour to complete the project as set out in the documents.
• The project will be a complete turnkey project where the completed section of the building handed back to the School Block by Block as work progresses.
• Project consultants are:
o Project Manager: Philip Rice
o Lead Designer: IR Group Ltd
• The rest of the school areas needs to be able to operate as normal for a large part of the construction phase of the project.
• The Contractor will be engaged through an MOE medium works contract (Construction contracts for professional services and works).
a. The Contract Works required are Roofing Contractors and supporting trade to replace the existing Roofing Cladding to Blocks 1,2,3,4,5,7,8 and 16 as detailed in that attached tender documents.
b. To satisfactorily deliver the Contract Works, the Contractor must:
i. have a comprehensive, workable programme for completing the Contract Works
ii. have a robust method, approach, systems and processes to effectively manage cost, time and quality risks
iii. operate a documented health and safety policy and system that aligns with AS/NZS 4801:2001 and/or the requirements set out at Property projects: contractor health and safety.
iv. have, as standard practice, the implementation of a Site Specific Safety Plan (SSSP) for the Contract Works that aligns with the SSSP at: Property projects: contractor health and safety.
c. Safety hazards and associated critical risks that have been identified as specific to the Contract Works and which must be included in a SSSP for the Contract Works relate to working in a live school environment.
d. Contractor’s personnel (including those of all subcontractors) who are likely to have unsupervised (not chaperoned by a teacher, school staff member or parent) access to students
Department/Business Unit: Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal
|Closed||19 May 2022 4:00 PM NZST|
|Notice Type||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Regions||Hawke's Bay, Manawatu-Wanganui, Wellington|
|Contact Details||Ian Rattray
04 526 7711
|Published||7 Apr 2022 9:00 AM NZST|