This is a physical works contract for the replacement of the existing SH26 Kirikiri Stream Bridge with a new steel tied arch bridge constructed upstream of the existing bridge.
The existing Kirikiri Stream Bridge is located on SH26 just south of the intersection of SH25a (Kopu Hikuai Road) and SH26 (between Paeroa and Kopu). The new replacement bridge will require the bridge approaches to be raised.
The existing intersection at SH25a/SH26 will be raised and reformed as a permanent roundabout.
Due to funding constraints within the current NLTP programme, $9M has been allocated for construction work up to end of June 2024. The remainder of the construction funding required will be available over the following 1.5 to 2 years.
The Contract Work includes:
• Construction of a new floodgate and demolition of the old floodgate.
• Construction of a new single lane roundabout at the SH26 and SH25A intersection, including approach realignment.
• Horizontal and vertical realignment of the bridge approaches of State highway 26.
• Construction of new MSE retaining walls including settlement monitoring.
• Construction of a new Steel Tied Arch Bridge.
• Stormwater drainage, lighting, signage and safety barriers.
• Replacement or relocation of existing utilities including wastewater, water, power and telecoms.
• Demolition of the existing Kirikiri Stream Bridge.
• Replacement / reconstruction of property access.
• Landscape Planting.
Only tenderers pre-qualified to Bridge Construction – Level 3B and Construction - level 4B and surfacing level 3B under the terms of the Highways and Network Operations (HNO) Prequalification System will be eligible to submit a tender.
Electronic copies of the Request for Tender documentation are attached to this advertisement.
NOTE: The Project Specification and Appendices will be issued shortly via Notice to Tenderer.
ALL TENDER QUERIES are to be directed through the GETS Questions and Answers.
All responses to tender queries/clarifications will be answered by Notice to Tenderer which will be available in the GETS addenda.
Tender submissions shall be uploaded to GETS eTender box in two separate files (pdf format PLUS excel spreadsheet Schedule of Prices).
The GETS file upload limit is 50MB. The files should be labelled:
1. File No 1 – NZTA 2927 - Proposal excluding Price
2. File No 2 – NZTA 2927 – Price
Tender submissions will only be accepted electronically via the GETS eTender Box.
Department/Business Unit: NZ Transport Agency - Highways and Network Operations
|Closed||28 Feb 2023 4:00 PM NZDT|
|Notice Type||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Contact Details||Tania Langley - Beca Ltd
|Published||10 Nov 2022 4:00 PM NZDT|
Whether you are a small business looking for more contract opportunities
or a large enterprise seeking market intelligence, TenderHub can help you to succeed.