The BOT at South Wellington Intermediate School are seeking the services of a main contractor to undertake the: Blk A: Boiler Replacement & Blk A & H: Heating Replacement Project
The work is described in the tender documents prepared by S&T and involves:
• Cordon off the site and operate under a SSSP
• Replace existing boilers with two new gas boilers.
• Modify heating system in boiler room to separate primary and secondary circuits. Provide new pumps, low loss header, air & dirt separator, and associated equipment.
• Increase ventilation to boiler room by providing new aluminium louvres.
• Replace boiler flues and seal penetrations watertight.
• Retrofit thermostatic radiator valves (TRVs) and lockshield valves to all existing radiators.
• Replace damaged radiator.
• Insulate and sheath exposed pipes in corridors.
• Supply and install 4x new cast steel radiators in the Block A hallways (as well as adding new control valves - towards the southern end, including associated fittings and pipework).
• Supply and install 1x replacement external heat pump unit to the school hall.
• Leave site clean and tidy
• Project consultants are:
o Project Manager: IR Group
o Lead Designer: Stephenson and Turner
Contractors should detail their plan to ensure an efficient delivery (eg. pre-order products, line up sub-contractors). Ensuring minimal disruption to the school and having an efficient programme are paramount.
Preferred Date: December / January School Holidays
The Contractor will be engaged through an MOE medium works contract (Construction contracts for professional services and works).
When responding, please ensure you complete
- Form of Tender Part A
- Form of Tender Part B
- Schedule of Prices
Department/Business Unit: Board of Trustees - Approve by BoT - ie. School Principal
|Closed||23 Nov 2023 5:00 PM NZDT|
|Notice Type||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Contact Details||All submissions to be made through the GETS website|
|Published||31 Oct 2023 9:00 AM NZDT|