The New Zealand government in its Wellbeing Budget 2023 initiated a project, funded through the Government’s Climate Emergency Response Fund, aimed at establishing renewable electricity systems on domestic islands. As part of this initiative, funding has been allocated for the development of a renewable energy solution for Stewart Island/Rakiura.
In recent years a number of reports have investigated different opportunities for generating electricity. This Registration of Interest (ROI) is about reviewing the existing reports and preparing the Stewart Island/ Rakiura energy business case (BC) for Southland District Council.
What we are looking for is a Respondent that has:
• experience in delivering projects similar in scope
• a project team that has proven power generation resource knowledge specifically around option economics, feasibility to deploy within Rakiura and knowledge on the Requirements to integrate any new plant with the existing network and/or diesel generation to deliver a secure and reliable (and lower
than diesel cost) electricity supply
• an ability to communicate clearly and well with multiple stakeholders, including the community and mana whenua
• resource the project appropriately with a strong multi-disciplinary team capable of delivering on time and within budget a high-quality business case
• a high level of technical energy generation and network integration experience and proven ability to produce robust successful public sector business cases
• an ability to quickly distil salient information from the previous reports and form a clear and compelling case for an option or options that will deliver a robust sustainable generation system that is appropriate for the island and meets the needs of the community
• a comprehensive business case, demonstrably supported by community and capable of being submitted to government. The business case needs to provide compelling conclusions on chosen option, why it is least cost and how it delivers on the government’s stated objectives.
|Closed||4 Dec 2023 12:00 PM NZDT|
|Notice Type||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Contact Details||Simon Moran
0800 732 732
|Published||14 Nov 2023 1:30 PM NZDT|