Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga (HNZPT) requests that you prepare a proposal (RFP which includes time schedules) for structural engineering services, that will include providing a detailed seismic assessment (DSA) of the Old Government Building (OGB) and retrofit concept and detailed design.
Please refer to the attached full RFP, sections from the draft conservation plan, floorplans (2013), proposed refurbishment plans (1994) and Review of earthquake resistance capacity (2017) when preparing the proposal.
The structural engineering component to this project will comprise of seven elements of work:
- Element 1: Reviewing the draft briefs for the Geotechnical Assessment (GTA) and Seismological Assessment (SA).
- Element 2: Reviewing the draft GTA, SA and Timber Technology Assessment (TTA) that will be carried out by others.
- Element 3: Establish and maintain regular communication/consultation with the HNZPT technical peer reviewer. You will be expected to provide updates, preliminary modelling and analysis and progress
drafts of the DSA and concept (if required).
- Element 4: DSA that is the primary subject of this request. Refer Project Scope section of this RFP.
- Element 5: Technical support for a review by HNZPT of the reporting on the completed modelling and initial analysis, and then the DSA. This review process is to determine the extent, if
any, of proposed structural retrofit to be carried out on the building.
- Element 6: A concept design for any agreed retrofit works that is the subject of this request.
Retrofit works may or may not be required.
- Element 7: A detailed design to follow the concept design.
Where Element 6 does not proceed neither will Element 7.
The preparation of the DSA will be informed by a GTA and SA and TTA that will be commissioned by HNZPT.
On completion of elements 1-5 and particularly HNZPT review of the preliminary report on the DSA, a decision will be made on whether to progress to concept design and from here detailed design. It is therefore requested that a quote is provided with the proposal for the fees for elements 1-5 only. A quote will be requested if HNZPT decides to proceed to design for elements 6 and 7.
The acceptance of the RFP for this work forms a commitment to engage the structural engineer for design work following the analysis, subject to satisfactory performance. The design work will be subject to programme and budget allocation and may require staging.
|Closed||10 Feb 2023 5:00 PM NZDT|
|Notice Type||Request for Proposals (RFP)|
|Contact Details||Jonathan Howard
|Published||16 Dec 2022 9:00 AM NZDT|
Whether you are a small business looking for more contract opportunities
or a large enterprise seeking market intelligence, TenderHub can help you to succeed.