The University of Otago Union requires a supplier of fresh and frozen meat for use in its catering operations. The meat covered in this process are key ingredients required for the University Union to deliver its services to the University and its customers.
The key objective of this RFT is to provide a qualified supplier or suppliers of meat for a contract term of three years with 2 options of extending the contract for 2 years (3+2+2).
This RFT relates to the purchase of the fresh and frozen meat including:
• Smallgoods (Raw) and other i.e., venison
The process will allow the award of the supply to a single supplier or split the supply across two suppliers as awarded previously i.e., all meat or beef, lamb, pork and smallgoods and chicken separately.
The procurement’s proposed outcomes are:
* University wide delivery of high quality and consistent cuts of meat.
* Competitive and consistent pricing.
* Reduced GHG emissions from purchase of meat.
* High levels of customer service
* A preventive approach to Food Safety and Allergen Management
* Open communication and customer relationships
* Transactional efficiency
* Surety of supply and contingencies for supply in instances of road closures, pandemics and natural disasters.
* Commitment to improving environmental and social sustainability.
Please refer to the RFT documents for further details.
|Closing||6 Oct 2023 2:00 PM NZDT|
|Notice Type||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Contact Details||Wade Kennard
|Published||13 Sep 2023 9:30 AM NZST|