Masterton District Council invites Registrations of Interest (ROI) from suitable contractors who are experienced in civil road and pavement construction projects.
“Transport Choices” is a programme of work by Waka Kotahi to promote alternatives to motor vehicle use, in part to achieve road safety improvements, but also to move towards a reduction in emissions from light vehicles. The programme was established in response to the national Emissions Reduction Plan (ERP). Through this programme Central Government funding is available for councils to help develop cycle networks and shared active transport spaces.
Masterton District Council is proposing to build a cycle lane from the Masterton Netball Courts on Colombo Road, down Johnstone Street, Makoura Road and Kuripuni Street, ending at the Kuripuni Shopping Centre. This cycleway will utilise various treatments from shared pedestrian/cyclist spaces to the installation of a bi-directional cycleway in some locations. Additional traffic calming measures are also proposed in some areas.
The scope will include:
- Temporary traffic management
- Stakeholder management
- Construction of approximately 1.5km physically separated bi-directional cycleway
- Approximately 2.8km single lane cycleway road marking, and
- Minor stormwater, kerb realignment and pavement work for intersections, raised safety platforms and shared footpath construction.
Final tendering of the contract will be via an open competitive process.
All ROI queries are to be directed through the GETS Questions and Answers.
A letter expressing interest in the work is to be uploaded to the GETS eTender box in a single file (pdf format).
• Request for tender anticipated to be released late September/ early October 2023
• Project Commencement: November 2023.
• Project Completion: June 2024.
Registrations of Interest close on 22nd September
|Closing||22 Sep 2023 5:00 PM NZST|
|Notice Type||Registration of Interest (ROI)|
|Contact Details||Laura Maclean
|Published||12 Sep 2023 12:00 PM NZST|