ACC’s current Transport for Independence Assessment Service and Highly Specialised Transport for Independence Assessment Service contracts expire on 30 November 2022.
We are combining both these services into one new service starting on 1 December 2022 that will have a three-year term with two, two-year rights of renewal.
The purpose of the services is to provide ACC with:
• A comprehensive assessment to determine the impact of injury and subsequent functional limitations affecting the client’s ability to access transport, a description of the client’s injury related transport needs and goals, and the options to meet their identified needs.
• Coordination of any vehicle modifications and driver training for the client as required.
You will need to have access to assessors who have the qualifications, credentialling, training and experience to deliver the new Transport for Independence Assessment Services. The assessments provided will enable ACC to make a well-informed decision about a client’s future injury related transport needs.
This will ensure our clients:
• have their injury related transport needs identified
• receive a modified vehicle that is essential to meet their needs, where required
• receive essential driver training that enables them to safely drive their modified vehicle.
ACC is looking for suppliers who who can demonstrate they meet ACC requirements to deliver these services as set out in the tender documentation.
|28 Nov 2025 5:00 PM NZDT
|Request for Tenders (RFT)
0800 400 503
|5 Sep 2022 11:30 AM NZST