The Wellington Metro Upgrade Programme (WMUP) is issuing this Request for Tenders on behalf of KiwiRail’s Capital Projects and Asset Development team. WMUP is a rolling programme of work on the Wellington metro rail network to address deferred maintenance (catch up) and to provide new levels of capacity and performance (upgrades) with the objective of delivering a safe and reliable metro rail network that meets current and future customer expectations in the Wellington region.
The programme started in 2011 and is now made up of seven inter-linked sub programmes of work that collectively are critical to an integrated 12-year programme developing passenger rail in Wellington.
The WMUP 3 sub programme is tasked with delivering a package of renewals across track and civil infrastructure assets, in this instance the replacement of the existing timber bridge (Bridge 23) on the NIMT, close to Paekākāriki This project will replace Bridge 23 with a single large bespoke design box culvert that will be installed under both mains.
We are running this procurement process to engage a physical works contractor who has the requisite capability and experience to deliver the works, who has a track record of successful delivery and who is willing to work with KiwiRail’s project and track teams in a positive, collaborative manner.
The bridge replacement is being procured using the lowest price conforming method. This requires not only a submission of your price to undertake and complete the works, but we would also like to understand your proposed methodology and associated programme. Please contact KiwiRail's Tender Manager to get access to the technical documentation within Volume 2 of the RFT document. You will need to provide the relevant email addresses (Microsoft profile).
The scope of work generally includes the following:
• Enabling works such as temporary site access, laydown areas, fish rescue
• Preparation of management plans as required by the Principal's Requirements
• General works such as traffic management and reinstatement of site after all the works have been completed
• Supply of all necessary materials (bridge superstructure principal supplied)
• Location, relocation and protection of existing services
• Replacement of bridge using precast culverts (KiwiRail supplied)
• Assistance of track replacement with KiwiRail track staff
• As-built information (2D and 3D)
|Closed||2 Jun 2023 12:00 PM NZST|
|Notice Type||Request for Tenders (RFT)|
|Customer Reference||2023-202 BR23|
|Contact Details||Tessa O'Brien
|Published||1 May 2023 12:00 PM NZST|
Whether you are a small business looking for more contract opportunities
or a large enterprise seeking market intelligence, TenderHub can help you to succeed.